For best results, please follow these guidelines. Remember, if you get stuck on one of these guidelines, contact us and we will be more than happy to assist you through the process!
We accept the following formats:
If the software you are using to create your pages is not listed below, you can convert your files to a PDF format.
All file formats must have a minimum of 300 dpi (dots per inch) resolution at actual size.
The images designed for the web are done at a low screen resolution of 72 dpi.
Print images need to be created at 300 dpi to avoid a substantial drop in the image quality.
- All color artworks and/or images must be provided in CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, black) color mode while all black & white artworks and/or images must be provided in grayscale color mode.
- Caution: It’s Best If you do the RGB – to – CMYK Conversion of Your Images! When we receive RGB images, we do a standard-value conversion to CMYK, which may not be perfectly to your liking.
- Do not use default red, green or blue colors available on your color palette as these do not accurately convert to CMYK. Any heavy black ink coverage must be set up as a true black (C75 M50 Y50 K100).
- Make sure all colors used in your document and graphic files are set to CMYK values for proper separation.
- Be sure to remove any unused colors.
What’s a bleed?
It is the portion of the card that will be trimmed off when cut to the final size.
The purpose of a bleed is to continue a color, image or design to the edge of the card.
Make sure your images or color fills extend at least 1/16″ past the page edge. For non-bleed jobs, make sure there is 1/8″ clear space from the edge on all sides.
All critical elements (text, images, logos, etc.) must be kept at least 0.125″ away from the edge.
Anything left close to the edge may be cut off during trimming.
- Fonts must be embedded in PDF files.
- Fonts must be outlined or converted to paths or curves in EPS files.
- Some fonts have copyright restrictions and will not embed in PDF Files.
- Fonts and images must be included with all files submitted.(Mac only)
- Illustrator: please note that all text/fonts should be converted to outline
- Send all printer and screen fonts, or TrueType fonts. Include all styles used -regular, bold, italic and bold.